Without motivation, you can forget success. In fact, motivation and hard work are essential elements for realizing your dreams, they send you to the top and help you stand out from others. Motivation is not only important in business, it is applied in every aspect of your life. To be successful professionally, socially, mentally, even physically, is the driving force that will send you to the top. Without motivation, some of the successful leaders and entrepreneurs would not be where they are today.
Just look at Mark Zuckerberg or Barbara Corcoran, it took motivation to learn new skills and launch very successful businesses. Regardless of whether you are in high school or staying well in your career, motivation is the backbone of success. And if you’re not sure where to start, check out these 12 motivational sayings from today ‘s most influential leaders.
1. “ Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Jobs, Co-founder, CEO, Chairman Apple Inc.
2. “My biggest motivation? Just to keep challenging myself. I see life almost like one long University education that I never had — every day I’m learning something new.” -Richard Branson, founder Virgin Group
3. “Every time you state what you want or believe, you’re the first to hear it. It’s a message to both you and others about what you think is possible. Don’t put a ceiling on yourself.” – Oprah Winfrey, media proprietor
4. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs, Co-founder, CEO, Chairman Apple Inc.
5. “I knew that if I failed I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.” -Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO Amazon
6. “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t — you’re right.” – Henry Ford, Founder Ford Motor Company
7. “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” – Mary Kay Ash, Founder Mary Kay Cosmetics
8. “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing and falling over.” – Richard Branson, founder Virgin Group
9. “When you find an idea that you just can’t stop thinking about, that’s probably a good one to pursue.” -Josh James, co-founder and CEO Omniture, founder and CEO Domo
10. “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.” – Scott Belsky, co-founder Behance
11. “Entrepreneur is someone who has a vision for something and a want to create.” – David Karp, founder and CEO Tumblr
12. “The only thing worse than starting something and failing… is not starting something.” – Seth Godin, founder Squidoo
13. “When I’m old and dying, I plan to look back on my life and say ‘wow, that was an adventure,’ not ‘wow, I sure felt safe.’” – Tom Preston-Werner, co-founder Github
14. “The fastest way to change yourself is to hang out with people who are already the way you want to be.” – Reid Hoffman, co-founder LinkedIn
15. “I don’t look to jump over 7-foot bars — I look for 1-foot bars that I can step over.” – Warren Buffett, chairman and CEO Berkshire Hathaway
16. “In the end, a vision without the ability to execute it is probably a hallucination.” – Steve Case, co-founder AOL
17. “Fearlessness is like a muscle. I know from my own life that the more I exercise it the more natural it becomes to not let my fears run me.” – Arianna Huffington, president and editor in chief The Huffington Post Media Group
18. “Embrace what you don’t know, especially in the beginning, because what you don’t know can become your greatest asset. It ensures that you will absolutely be doing things different from everybody else.” – Sara Blakely, founder SPANX
19. “Risk more than others think is safe. Dream more than others think is practical.” -Howard Schultz, Starbucks CEO
20. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney, founder Disney